This page is private. Please do not share it publicly.
Diligent, accountable, forward thinking, pragmatic, empathetic team player.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Computer Science, University of Catania (Italy)
Research thesis in security: WATA 3.0 design and implementation of a remote correction tool for authentic but anonymously written exams.
Open Source Work
- co-author of vercel/styled-jsx
- core maintainer of SUIT CSS
- contibuted to Flight.js from Twitter
- reverse engineered the old twitter.com frontend giuseppeg/Previeweet
- contributions to React Native for Web:
For more work please check out github.com/giuseppeg
Senior Frontend Engineer, PSPDFKit GmbH (Remote/Vienna, AT)
PSPDFKit for Web is a rich and complex web application (SDK and PDF viewer) built with a modern stack: React, modern EcmaScript, FlowType, CSS Modules, WebAssembly, Elixir, Redux, ImmutableJS, Jest, Puppeteer, react-testing-library.
- Architecture, APIs and Features design, writing proposals/RFCs and development
- Hiring and Mentoring
- Direct Technical Customer Support
- Technical Writing
Google Search: “giuseppe gurgone” inurl:blog site:pspdfkit.com
- Worked on and shipped 71 public releases of the SDK with a team size that over time fluctuated between 2 and 6
- Led roughly 50% of the features’ technical design, developent and project management
- Implemented the client-side part of a long polling-based synchronization system that the SDK uses for realtime collaboration
- Implemented high-impact performance optimizations in the SDK including an initial code-splitting strategy for server and standalone (WebAssembly) based installations, improved the loading time of standalone (WebAssembly) installations, virtualized document rendering
- created a real-world WebAssembly benchmark
- successfully on-boarded and mentored three engineers (on a team of seven)
- helped refining the hiring process for web engineers
Senior Frontend Engineer, Grape GmbH (Vienna, AT)
Engineer in the Grape Web Chat client team.
Did an on contract project for Automattic Inc. – the company behind WordPress.com
Implemented a tool to collect usage stats for React (UI) components.
Frontend Engineer, Yelp Inc. (San Francisco, USA)
Engineer in the product (web) team.
- Maintain and improve the codebase for all of Yelp’s user-facing sites
- Mentor new hires and interns
- Maintain Yelp’s Styleguide
- Write Unit and Selenium tests
- Rebuilt the photo and video galleries pages for yelp.com
- Revamped the frontend for yelp.com/talk
- Worked on and shipped the new user profiles on yelp.com
- Led many of the decisions about Yelp’s public style guide
- Successfully onboarded and mentored two interns and two new hires
- On my second year I joined Yelp’s team leaders community
Solo Lead Frontend Developer, Graduateland ApS (Copenhagen, DK)
Led the frontend development of the previous version of Graduateland, the largest job portal for students and graduates in Europe.
Responsible for the design and development of a large scale platform which consists of graduateland.com and the job portals of 15 universities.
- Scaled the UI system to adapt and fit 15 branded copies of the job portal site
- Designed and built a PJAX-like based navigation system
Independent Fullstack Developer
Worked on a number of private client projects including sanraffaele.it which is a top of the class university hospital in Milan, Italy.
Residence: Vienna, Austria
Languages: English (fluent), Italian (mother tongue), German (learning)